Currently I am focusing on implementing the use of different technologies in the F&B sector that includes integrating POS with food delivery systems. I am also using IoT to help F&B owners smooth the operations of their establishments in Vietnam.
I am an experienced STEM teacher in IB MYP Media/Drama, IB MYP ICT, and IB DP Computer Science with teaching experience in China, Kazakhstan, Turkey, the USA, and Vietnam. I am also a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer (Kazakhstan) and Former US Marine.
I feel that education and technology are key necessities to building strong sustainable communities and improving quality of life for all people.
• Consulting for Baba's Kitchen - Vietnam
• Conducted audit and retrieval of restaurants’ technology and social media accounts
• Researched potential vendors for new CCTV and POS systems
• Set up, implemented, and provided training for a new restaurant food delivery system
• Set up marketing campaigns with Facebook, Instagram and TikTok
• Liaisoned with Baemin (Vietnamm), GrabFood, GoFood (GoJek), ZaloFood, and DeliveryNow (Foody.vn)
• Working with Baba's Kitchen to develop "restaurant-centered" food delivery system
• Helped increase food delivery sales since December, 2018.
• Goal is to integrate education and technology to build a strong sustainable community and improving quality of life for all Japanese citizens
• Developed business plans to open an IoT-based blended learning English center franchises in Japan
• Collaborated with a EduTech company to offer a blended learning English app to daycare and preschool children in Vietnam
• Started initial work and obtained master franchise license to set up a STEM franchises in Vietnam
• Networked with US universities to offer US high school online diploma programs to students in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
• Collaborated with SmartAir China to bring and develop DIY air purifiers to Vietnam
• Networked with local PM2.5 masks providers in China and Vietnam
• Repaired, recovered and maintained Old Moodle LMS system for the school
• Conducted school-wide ICT audit
• Led the development team for design and implementation of new Moodle LMS with outside consultants
• Provided assistance and tech support for international teachers
• Taught International Baccalaureate Diploma Program Computer Science to Grade 11 Students (developed first year curriculum)
• Taught Pre-DP Computer Science to Grade 10 Students (developed first year curriculum)
• Served as Advisor for Programming Club
• Served as IB 'Community and Service' and 'Extended Essay' advisor
• Developed, implemented, and remotely maintained an online tourism platform for Vietnam Muslim Tours, a local halal tour operator in Cambodia and Vietnam
• Networked with halal restaurants across Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
• Maintained and updated halal directory of restaurants for Vietnam at GoHalalVietnam!
• Taught IB MYP Media/Drama to International Stream Students
• Taught IB MYP ICT/Design Technology to Kazakh and Russian Language Stream Students
• Responsible for administrative and network component of the Miras International School's Model United Nations (MISMUN) conference with duties that included managing the student Press Corps
• Served as Model United Nations Director (MISMUN 2016)
• Served as International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program 'Personal Project Coordinator'
• Led the Advanced Computer Club for middle school students
Comparative and International Affairs; Information Systems; and Nonprofit Management
American Ethnic Studies and Sociology
I am a an avid master-level weightlifter which I have been doing off and on since 1993. I would love to train kids how to Snatch and Clean & Jerk. I currently have my Level 1 Training certification with CrossFit and am working on my Level 1 Weightlifting certication course now.
I also love to ride my motorcyle. I currently own a 2016 Kawasaki Z300 which is my main mode of transportation here in Saigon. When I move to Japan, I hope to upgrade to a Kawasaki Ninja 650.
You can keep up with my life at my blog. I run an older WordPress blog called SaigonNezumi.com and now recently started blogging at nezumi.dev which is run on Ghost.
I have been a avid web developer since the year 2000 when I was playing around with HTML4. A Dutch friend sent me his copy of FrontPage which started my interest in web developing. I have transition from FrontPage to Dreamweaver and eventually started to develop XHTML sites by code. I later moved to WordPress but that got me real lazy in coding. Now I am interested in JAMstack and in the process of migrating my WordPress sites over to static sites.